Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default Drum, flow-through or mist humidifier?

Tony Hwang wrote:

engwar wrote:
We're going to have a whole-house humidifier installed. We don't want
to go through another winter with cracked skin and static electricity.
We have a 1970's-era two story house of perhaps 2000 square feet plus
a basement.

-snip-
Tried all 3 types. Our water is very hard. Now I ended up with Aprilaire
flow-thru and IMO, this is the best type. B4 season starts, I clean the
pad with CLR. Humidity is very well maintained per humidistat setting.

-snip-

An Aprilaire 600a is my first whole house humidifier- but after years
of messing with dozens of room humidifiers, I have to second Tony's
recommendation.

We just completed one season with it- but our water is super hard but
it worked well all season and I see no signs of calcium on the unit
itself.

Jim