Posted to rec.woodworking
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Newbe Question about Shop Heater

"Bill" wrote in message

The only thing you are overlooking is the Btu output. In my garage, it
would raise the temperature about 1 degree.

1500 W = 5100 BTU

I use a 35,000 BTU propane heater and if it is very cold I still cannot
get it to a working temperature. Given the cost of electricity in my
area, that comes out to about $1.15 an hour if I had enough power to run
electric heat.

Well, what do you mean by "very cold"? Considering how few days it is
very cold
in central IN, I can do something else on those days. About how much do
you pay per
kWh in your neck of the woods?

Bill

I can get a 30 degree rise. That means much below 30, the shop is cold. At
10F, the shop will reach 40F.
Electric in my area is about 19¢.