Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark[_30_] Mark[_30_] is offline

Default [Totally OT] Freecycle

On Mon, 2 Nov 2009 14:50:51 -0000, "mark"
wrote:

"Mark" wrote in message
.. .
On 30 Oct 2009 10:53:05 +0000 (GMT), Theo Markettos
wrote:

Tim W wrote:
I have 2 exim forward rules for those:

I have similar (it's procmail not exim, but same difference). They're
split
into three streams which go to three local newsgroups: freecycle.offered,
freecycle.taken and freecycle.wanted. There's about 14000 messages in the
4-month expiry. Then I just read them with the rest of my newsfeed.

I also have a rule to pull out articles of interest and email them to me
so,
when a friend needed a dishwasher, I had it email everything with the word
'dishwasher' it in.

How many freecyclers can actually spell "dishwasher"?

Freecycle went down hill when all the professional wanters and other beggars
started treating it as some sort of cosmic ordering service or a freebie
version of the Argos catalogue.
What ****es me off is the cheeky *******s who want something for nothing and
it isn't even for themselves, as in this case. What does it matter if
someone can't spell dishwasher.

because your filter, you described above, would not work if you search
for dishwasher and it is spelled incorrectly.

--
(\__/) M.
[Reply-to address valid until it is spammed.]