Posted to rec.woodworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Newbe Question about Shop Heater

On Mon, 02 Nov 2009 15:04:22 -0600, the infamous Morris Dovey
scrawled the following:

Bill wrote:
I have an attached 400 ft^2 (20' by 20') 2-car garage with an (electric)
insulated garage door.

What is a smart way to warm it up (to say 60 degrees)? Options appear to be
kerosene, propane and electric.

I assume that propane may be the cleanest and/or cheapest. How concerned
should I be about exhaust fumes (at this point, they concern me)?

The garage has some unfinished walls and a finished ceiling. Is
occasionally warming it up likely to produce condensation
on walls and lead to their damage? I assume that unprotected metal will be
even more at risk.

Thank you for your thoughts,

Solar - no fuel, no fumes, no condensation, and always warm.

(Very biased opinion)

PV and electric, right? gd&r

---
Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight
It hopes we've learned something from yesterday.
--John Wayne (1907 - 1979)