Posted to rec.woodworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Thinner or Mineral Spirits?

On Thu, 29 Oct 2009 16:08:20 -0700, the infamous "Lew Hodgett"
scrawled the following:

"Nova" wrote:

If my wife decides to paint I'd gladly buy a new brush when she
finished. I HATE painting!

"HATE" doesn't even begin to describe how I feel about painting.

Of course, the fact that I'm your basic "3 and 1" painter, probably
doesn't help.

3 and 1 = 3 parts on me and 1 part on what I'm trying to paint.

I'm just the opposite. I've had clients who came outside after 3
hours with me painting and they just stood and looked at me. "How can
you be so neat?" I reply "Heck, I have paint all over me. Well, both
of these fingers, anyway." I use a damp rag and I clean up drips,
runs, and smears instantly so not much gets on me. shrug

When I do caulking, OTOH, I'm more like you. Caulk all over both
hands, both forearms, and usually on the back of my shirt, where I've
backed into it _somehow_...

---
Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight
It hopes we've learned something from yesterday.
--John Wayne (1907 - 1979)