Posted to alt.home.repair
Lee B Lee B is offline

Default GFCI's required in a non-updated bathroom? (Two prong type)

wrote:
On Mon, 2 Nov 2009 19:05:39 -0500, "cshenk" wrote:

Look, houses sell all the time 'as is'.

Not so much this year. You have to make yours look better than the 10
others the realtor is showing the buyer today.

That is certainly true in my neighborhood. There are still quite a few
short sales and foreclosures, all of which are listed for significantly
less as-is than the other houses for sale. And there are at least 2-3
others identical to mine (1950's end of group row house)within about a 4
block radius. , and even more that are inside groups. And since I'm not
living there, and am juggling two mortgages, I'm not going to quibble
over too much! (Well except for the part where they want me to replace
some cracked tiles on the bathroom wall. My contractor said that's
asking for problems, that it'll go from 8 tiles to their neighbors and
will end up with a bunch of tiles, none of which will match the
originals. OTOH, the buyer didn't specify they have to match!)

BTW, called an electrician from a company that had done work there
before. He quoted $125 over the phone. He'll check to see if there is a
ground. If not he also mentioned that it could be attached to the water
pipe. Thanks for the help. It was such a relief to hear it would not be
some thousand dollar type of repair! Onward and upward to where they
want an unused sidewalk removed. And the chimney waterproofed.