Posted to alt.home.repair
cshenk cshenk is offline

Default GFCI's required in a non-updated bathroom? (Two prong type)

"Lee B" wrote

Question - I'm in the process of selling an older(1950's) home. The home
inspection was Friday, and I got the buyers' laundry list Saturday
afternoon. One of the things they are asking for is GFCI's to be installed
in the bathrooms. (This is in Baltimore County, if that makes a
difference). I know that I've heard that these are required if a bathroom
is renovated, but are they required in one that hasn't been?

No, it is not required. Futhermore, even having an outlet isnt required (I
have none in the bathrooms).

I'd check estimates, then if the list is too long offer what portion you are
willing to cover, and if they want it all, tell them how much the house
price increased. based on estimates. for the work.

Look, houses sell all the time 'as is'.