Posted to alt.home.repair
Percival P. Cassidy Percival P. Cassidy is offline

Default "Lights of America" LED bulbs -- Costco refunding purchase price

Roger Shoaf wrote:

We got a letter from Costco today inviting us to return the "Lights of
America" LED bulbs we had purchased because they do not live up to the
claimed life of 20K hours. Four different SKUs are listed.

Sam's Club has sold some of these as well, but no communication so far
from them.

The LOA brand was one of the first to have the compact fluorescents and
every damn one I got was junk, so the shock that the LED are junk too
doesn't really surprise me.

Agreed that the LOA *fixtures* were bad news, but an independent
evaluation a few years ago rated their CFL *bulbs* as better than Sylvania.

Perce