Colin Wilson

Default Smartheat Economy7 Control System

I live in an apartment block that uses Economy7 cheap rate electricity
to charge my storage heaters up, the system works greatm, however the
control system is a mystery.

Is the apartment block about 15 years old ?

Any ideas if it was also known as "Electratech" ?

IIRC that specific system* is no longer available (I think the company
went bust) and I don`t think there are any direct replacements available
- if its the same system, getting parts for it might be well nigh
impossible...

* I used to work with someone who wrote the manual for it - apparently
one of the reset options required opening it up while still on supply and
*carefully* shorting out some terminals...