Posted to rec.woodworking
PDQ PDQ is offline

Default Newbe Question about Shop Heater

In ,
Bill dropped this bit of wisdom:
I have an attached 400 ft^2 (20' by 20') 2-car garage with an
(electric) insulated garage door.

What is a smart way to warm it up (to say 60 degrees)? Options
appear to be kerosene, propane and electric.
I assume that propane may be the cleanest and/or cheapest. How
concerned should I be
about exhaust fumes (at this point, they concern me)?

The garage has some unfinished walls and a finished ceiling. Is
occasionally warming it up likely to produce condensation
on walls and lead to their damage? I assume that unprotected metal
will be even more at risk.

Thank you for your thoughts,
Bill

Am I to assume that natural gas is not available to you?

Probably electric is the 2nd most expensive and propane the most expensive.

Kerosene is, for me, the hardest to find.

P D Q