Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Mark Rand Mark Rand is offline

Default Help me decide the best route for power to my building

On Mon, 2 Nov 2009 15:42:41 -0800 (PST), stryped wrote:

I am finished with the interrior wiring and trying to figure out the
best, most cost effective, and easiest way to route power from my
attached garage sub panel to a 100 amp sub panel in my detached
garage. I made a few videos becaue I am not good at explaining in type
what exactly is going on. I really appreciate any constructive help!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtuLkPAlJOc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVxQVP9TfhI

Neat solution:-
Drive a mole or directional drill under the drive (where the pickup truck is)
and go directly to the panel. If you do it yourself, you'll need a 2" scaffold
pole with a turned nose to fit the front end, plus enough of a trench in the
grass to lay the pole in while driving it with a demolition hammer. If you sub
it out to a directional drilling contractor, just tell them the start and
finish points and step back.

Quicker and probably cheaper solution would be to cut a trench right through
the drive, taking care past the gas line, and replace the concrete/tarmacaddam
afterwards.

PS. Next time lay the utilities first. DAMHIKT :-(

Mark Rand
RTFM