Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Refrigerator freezer door sometimes opened .5 inch. How to "lock" closed?

Chip C wrote:

Many years ago I had a new fridge that did a beep-beep thing if the
door was open more than like 2 minutes. Maybe there's an opportunity
for an entrepreneur to integrate a timer and beeper into an appliance
lightbulb? (LED of course - should be a no-brainer to eliminate a 40 W
*heater* from your freezer.) Assuming your freezer is illuminated.

Excellent idea. I've heard they make beeping bulbs to retrofit backup lights
on vehicles. When the vehicle goes in reverse, the backup light comes on and
the beeping begins.

Same idea should work for the fridge...