Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony[_19_] Tony[_19_] is offline

Default Analog clock...setting time

Walter R. wrote:
My grandfather clock came with instructions to adjust the time by turning
the hands backwards only. Turning them backwards makes it unnecessary to
stop every quarter hour for the chime. Otherwise the chime and the hands get
out of sync.

Huh? I never would have guessed. Suppose I got caught up in the "never
turn a clock backwards thing. My octagon clock doesn't like being
turned backwards. It actually jambs and messes up the sync between the
long and short hands. It's a New Haven clock from ~ 1870's but
unfortunately the entire clock mechanism had been replaced while or
before my grandparents owned it.