Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Are Circuit Breakers Over-rated?

On Nov 2, 11:24*am, dpb wrote:
EXT wrote:

... I don't think new fuse panels are made, ...

Yeah, I was astounded to recently discover that appears to be the case
that there are apparently _none_ other than for very large industrial
applications any longer available. *(I wasn't needing/wanting
particularly, just curious after somebody else had made the comment and
thought surely they could be had still even though not used much in new
construction.)

--

"I was astounded ...thought surely they could be had still even
though not used much in new construction."

I, on the other hand, am not in the least suprised.

If I look at this from a supply and demand perspective, I can't see
enough demand to justify the cost of maintaining a manufacturing line
and/or storage facility for fuse boxes.

If there is an alternative device available (i.e. the circuit breaker
box) that will fit both new construction and upgrades/add-on
situations, it's cheaper to manufacture and store just the one device.