Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default Whole house surge protectors

On Nov 2, 9:21*am, dpb wrote:
Jack wrote:
I'd like to install a whole house surge protector. *Using the GoogleWeb,
there appears to be a variety of types with all sorts of prices. *I
really don't care about the price as long as it's worth it. *The
Intermetics are about $60.00 while the Square D's are $275.00. *The guy
doing my electrical work recommended I buy the Square D online.

What are you guys installing now? *Thanks.

Nuthin'...

Local co-op installs lightning arresters and haven't ever had any issues
even in SW KS t-storm country.

What problems have ever had have been on phone line to modems, faxes,
etc., not on power.

There's too much money hooked up to electric/phone/cable to go
unprotected.
These are good for coax:
http://www.solidsignal.com/pview.asp...ource=googleps