Posted to rec.woodworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default “Extreme Makeover: Home Edition” will be in Buffalo, NY Nov. 7 to Nov. 14, 2009

On Wed, 28 Oct 2009 15:11:24 -0400, the infamous Nova
scrawled the following:

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Sun, 25 Oct 2009 13:07:23 -0400, the infamous Nova
scrawled the following:

It's been announced the “Extreme Makeover: Home Edition” will be
building a house in Buffalo on Nov. 7 through Nov. 14, 2009. My church
is one of the organizing groups. I've been asked to volunteer and I'm
considering doing so.

Has anyone on the group participated in any of their builds and if so
what are you feelings about the experience?

I was tapped to be the handyman for a salon makeover program last
year. I declined once I saw the waiver docs. If they got mad at me on
the show, they could totally destroy my business without any recourse.
Please be -very- careful what you sign for the goddamned TV companies,
Yack.

Although no one is at liberty to tell me who or exactly where the build
will take place I have been told that it will be in the inner-city and
that more than one house will be built. I've heard rumors of eight home
being consturcted, although I don't know how accurate that is.

I've seen a number of homes built by "Habitate For Humanity" that were
built about three years ago already boarded up as they have been
destroyed. I've seen a couple of government built homes for low income
buyer's with a H1 Hummer and a BMW Z4 Roadster parked in the driveway daily?

Sickening, isn't it?

At this point I'm pretty sure I'll pass on the invitation to assist.

That's most likely the very smartest move you can make.

---
Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight
It hopes we've learned something from yesterday.
--John Wayne (1907 - 1979)