Posted to uk.d-i-y
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default Thread Leakage ...

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
It's the one thing that fills me with horror - trying to get a decent
joint between a plastic thread and copper pipe. The fibre washer supplied
with a tap connector simply isn't soft enough to make a seal. Rubber - if
you can find one - is better. Some Fernox LS-X is usually the answer.

However, I've never seen a plastic ball valve designed for this use -
they're usually brass.

--
*If work is so terrific, how come they have to pay you to do it?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

It was a sort of not quite one, nor the other, really. Although the main
valve body was plastic, and looked exactly like any typical bog cistern
valve from 10 years ago - white, blue cap, 'swingable' square section outlet
etc - the actual arm was a metal rod, bent at 90 deg at the ball end, and
the ball height adjustable rather than an adjustment screw and locknut at
the valve end. When I went to pick up a new one, all of the ones with a
metal arm and a 90 deg bend, seemed to be specified for use in header tanks.
The replacement was brass-bodied, otherwise, much the same as the one that
came out.

Arfa