Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark[_30_] Mark[_30_] is offline

Default B&Q self checkout machines

On Fri, 30 Oct 2009 00:51:10 GMT, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:

Bruce wrote:
On Thu, 29 Oct 2009 19:44:06 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
Bruce wrote:
On Thu, 29 Oct 2009 16:32:22 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:
In article o.uk,
Dave Liquorice wrote:
Don't you carry small change in the car for parking, etc?

Why? Do you have to pay for parking?

Not at most supermarkets. But plenty places do charge for parking

In SW London, certainly. In SE England, most of the time.

But that's less likely to be the case in many other regions of the
UK, and that's why the two of you have different opinions.

I'd like to hear about a town where all the carparks are free...

There probably aren't many such towns, but there are plenty of towns
outside the south east where there is at least *some* free parking. I
used to live in Yorkshire and almost always parked for free. I had to
pay for parking only once or twice a month.

Medway Council regard parking simpy as a revenue source. Charges enforced
until 10:00pm, whole areas where there is no free parking at all, the town
centre is a joke. They don't give a toss about local shops or local
traders.

It's like that around here too. Charges on Sundays. And it's
very expensive too. Almost no free parking (and none near the town
centres).
Also very expensive public transport. As a result less people shop in
the towns anymore.

--
(\__/) M.
[Reply-to address valid until it is spammed.]