Posted to alt.home.repair
David Combs David Combs is offline

Default Refrigerator freezer door sometimes opened .5 inch. How to "lock" closed?

Someone goes into the freezer (part of refrig), "closes"
the door, leaves the room, etc.

Too much stuff in freezer, or not correctly arranged, or
whatever -- of course door doesn't close 100%, or does
for a few minutes then pushes open a wee bit.

Maybe not noticed until next morning (by me!)

Obvious answer: get rid of some of the contents.

Heck, maybe all of it, or at least the meat --
since temp clearly not 0 or 5F where it should be,
not with door not sealed closed.

Yeah, nice idea. Don't buy so much frozen food, etc.

Well, let's not pursue that particular track, huh. :-)

(Parkinson's law of freezer-space obtains here in this house!)

----

(Well, maybe replace the magnets with supercondcting ones
that would hold 20 tons? 200 tons?)

Actually, I was thinking of maybe glueing (epoxying?) some kind
of failsafe lever-thing-that-snaps-down that once pushed-down
would hold door tightly shut.

(I don't even have the correct terminology for it!)

So, suggestions?

Thanks!

David