Posted to alt.home.repair
Walter R.[_2_] Walter R.[_2_] is offline

Default Analog clock...setting time

My grandfather clock came with instructions to adjust the time by turning
the hands backwards only. Turning them backwards makes it unnecessary to
stop every quarter hour for the chime. Otherwise the chime and the hands get
out of sync.

--
Walter
www.rationality.net
wrote in message

As a force of habit I have been resetting the clocks around the house
by only moving the hands clockwise. Somewhere along the line I was
told a clock could be damaged if you moved the hands backwards.
I have no idea of the source or validity of the information. Have I
been misled all these years?