Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_13_] Frank[_13_] is offline

Default Roof gutter issue

Master Betty wrote:
I saw an ad on TV for "Austin Gutter King" where they took the shingles
and picked them up to slide a gutter-guard in. It sticks out far enough
to block leafs from getting in the gutter. I've seen these at Lowes and
they are really cheap.

My question is: Wouldn't that cause a problem with the shingles?

My neighbor had some gutter-guards like that but when the roofing co.
re-shingled the roof they didn't put the guards back in. I figured they
wouldn't guarantee the roof with the guards installed.

Anyone know if that is a fair assumption?

Jim

I put stuff like this on gutters that goes an inch or two under the
overhanging shingles. Been several years with no problem except a
little debris will creep through and I have to remove near downspouts to
clean occasionally. I see no problem since they do not interfere with
shingle nailing and shingles look fine. I suspect neighbors roofer did
not consider it part of his job.