Posted to alt.home.repair
in2dadark in2dadark is offline

Default Shower Base

On Nov 1, 12:30*pm, RML wrote:
Will be tiling shower walls and am considering using either an acylic
(Amertech) base or a solid surface base such as Swanstone. Any other
ideas, or opinions on these? Will not use tiles on floor though.

TIA

I redid a bathroom a year ago or so and used the swanstone. I'm very
happy with it. I did the whole bathroom myself except for the base. I
had a plumber put it in a bed of concrete so I wouldn't have any flex
to it. I'm a big guy.

I also tiled my shower walls after putting in the proper backer board.
Where is you're drain opening? Are you swapping out an old tub? If
you're going from a tub combo to a shower you'll need to raise the
control valve as well. I was going to use the swanstone on the walls
as well but that gets pricey. I was able to find nice tile and it
ened up 'looking' like a more expensive job..