Posted to alt.home.repair
Josh[_5_] Josh[_5_] is offline

Default Analog clock...setting time

On Sun, 01 Nov 2009 10:49:47 -0500, wrote:

As a force of habit I have been resetting the clocks around the house
by only moving the hands clockwise. Somewhere along the line I was
told a clock could be damaged if you moved the hands backwards.
I have no idea of the source or validity of the information. Have I
been misled all these years?

I'm sure it depends on the clock -- I have heard the same about some
grandfather clocks and similar with very delicate, complicated,
mechanisms. But normal watches and clocks with the square mechanisms
and time-set knob I'm sure are fine to crank either way.

Josh