Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Robert Macy Robert Macy is offline

Default sometimes things work out okay...

On Nov 1, 8:24*am, "William Sommerwerck"
wrote:
I guessed that the button's shaft directly poked the switch
contacts. So I squirted some cleaner into the switches.

What brand of cleaner?

Clorox Toilet Bowl.

No, seriously... M G Chemical's Super Wash.

When you buy toilet bowl cleaner, look at the list of ingredients for
hydrochloric acid (or some strong acid). Cleaners without it don't do a very
good job. I kike Sno-bol.

Thanks. The last cleaner I used forgot to mention some type of
acetone like product in there that played havoc with some of the new
plastics. Needless to say wasn't just angry at the clowding, but with
the softening/melting.