Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Robert Swinney Robert Swinney is offline

Default 15 hp 3P motor run on 10 HP Desco Panel?

What is a Desco panel ? Context would seem to indicate a phase convertor of Variable Frequency
Drive.

Bob Swinney
"trg-s338" wrote in message
Please forgive my ignorance but in the interest of possibly saving
money, can I use the 15 HP motor I already have with my 10HP Desco
panel without too much adverse consequence? The idler is a 208V "soft
start" type. I'd be willing to do a pony motor start if that is an
issue with such a setup What consequences do you foresee in terms of
voltage/amp output and heat if any? I am trying to run a 3 HP Monarch
lathe. I may have to run my Brown and Sharp mill also although not
necessarily simultaneously. All advise and perspectives greatly
appreciated.