Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fergus McMenemie[_2_] Fergus McMenemie[_2_] is offline

Default mouse food or mouse poison!

Its the time of year when all the mice come in from the fields. Some of
them end up in my attic. And as usual I went around and topped up the
mouse poison.

This year the stuff I got from B&Q (but made by Rentokil) looks to be a
grain coated in some kind of blue stuff, which I guess is the poison.
The stuff seems to be having little effect on the mice. Inspecting the
"food troughs" I have left around the attic I note that almost all the
grain as been eaten and I am left with a considerable pile of blue skins
or husks which was the coating from the grain.

Its remarkable, but I suspect I am feeding rather than poisoning my
mice.

Anybody else run into this sort of thing? Or any suggestions on where I
can get better mouse poison which actually works. I note that B&Q, and
Homebase are both selling rebranded versions of the blue coated grain
from Rentokil. I suspect that many other hardware stores are doing the
same, but I cant open and inspect their goods.