Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default Turn thermostat down or leave steady?

In article ,
Mark Lloyd wrote:

On Fri, 30 Oct 2009 16:26:52 -0500, Jules
wrote:

On Fri, 30 Oct 2009 11:26:33 -0700, Smitty Two wrote:
It's the same principle that makes elevators come faster if you hit the
call button ten times

I got into the habit of taking the stairs. Often it's quicker, and it's
good exercise. Bonus points for being spotted by the same person at
either end and claiming you have teleportation powers :-)

One time I entered an old 4-floor building. Someone had just got on
the elevator (there was just one) so I took the stairs. I got to the
4th floor and waited for the elevator to get there.

A little faster and you'll be ready for Chris Angel's trick: throwing
something off the roof of a multi-story building, then running out the
front door to catch it.