Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default But what about the hot water heater? Turn thermostat down?

Let the Record show that "Stormin Mormon"
on or about Thu, 29 Oct 2009
08:22:48 -0400 did write/type or cause to appear in
rec.crafts.metalworking the following:
Please forgive me while I troll for a moment.....

Is it energy saving to turn the thermostat down, when
leaving the house? I mean, the furnace has to run to catch
up when I get home. I have a way of looking at the matter.
I'll explain my point of view after the argument is
underway.

Now that we've thrashed out the heater thermostat setting, what
about the hot water supply?
I'm starting to think I seriously goofed when I got a new hot
water tank, rather than go for an on demand system. I wonder how
difficult it might be to retro-fit one into the kitchen, anyway?
I might add, by way of explanation, I'm a single guy. That means
I do the dishes every six weeks whether they need to be done or not,
laundry when the pile on the floor is all dirty clothes, and shower
only when I'm leaving the house. Not a lot of demand for hot water,
on a daily basis.
-
pyotr filipivich
It's eight fifty eight. Close enough!