Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Eager Bob Eager is offline

Default UK Usenet Election

On Sun, 01 Nov 2009 12:36:35 +0000, Steve Firth wrote:

Bob Eager wrote:

Please vote. For the first time EVER, I agree with Steve Firth!

And since many will be new to the voting system, it's important to vote
only for the candidates you want in the order that you prefer them. If
you don't want a candidate to be elected do not enter a number against
their name on the ballot form.

This is because the vote is single transferrable vote, and because the
ballot form is slightly obtuse over this issue and makes it seem as if
one must assign a score to each candidate. Leaving a vote blank is
legitimate.

Yes, I meant to mention that. Put in 1,2,3 if you wish, and omit 4.

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org