Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default UK Usenet Election

The Medway Handyman wrote:
Bob Eager wrote:
On Sun, 01 Nov 2009 10:43:59 +0000, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Steve Firth wrote:
The elections for the UK Usenet Committee are currenting running,
and the following are standing:

Graham Drabble (incumbent) Clive D.
W. Feather clive@davros (incumbent) Fiona Gostling
(aka 'kat') kat.news@ntlworld (incumbent) Ian Jackson
ijackson@chiark Jonathan Amery jdamery@chiark David
Damerell damerell@chiark Matthew Vernon
matthew@debian

To vote you will need to find the Call for Votes, which was posted
to uk.net.news.announce and uk.net.news.management, with Message-ID

The hustings take place in uk.net.news.management and are in full
flow.
Blimey. I know some of those.

MM yerrs.

there's a couple of loony cyclists in there all right.

It's pretty obvious which they are. They're all supporters of each
other in the 'blurbs'.

Another good test is: if Molly Mockford is a supporter, they're a
'real' candidate, not a loony cyclist.

Please vote. For the first time EVER, I agree with Steve Firth!

Yes, it is important. And I speak as someone who has used Usenet for
(at least) 26 years.

For those of us who are recent users, how would we find out who are the
loons and who are the good guys? Not sure I'd trust Mr Firths comments.

The 3 incumbents are probably boring but OK. Iain Jackson is IIRC the
looniest of the lot. David Dammerell from my experience, is zany, uber
post modern but fundamentally intelligent and reasonably decent. When
dressed anyway. Not sure about Amery and Vernon. Probably all eco
fascists. But I couldn't say for sure.