Posted to uk.d-i-y
NT[_2_] NT[_2_] is offline

Default Puzzled by shower curtain fittings

On Oct 31, 5:48*pm, Murmansk69 wrote:
I'm trying to find a shower curtain to fit to a rail that's already
there but seems to lack some parts.

What I have is an aluminium track attached to the wall at either end
and supported by a fitting from the ceiling.

The runners run in a groove in the inner side of the track and they
have small nylon posts with rounded ends that stick out horizontally,
about 4mm in diameter and about 6mm long with rounded ends and a small
groove round their circumference very near the end.

My guess is that some sort of fitting attaches to these posts almost
like a press stud but I don't know if they are available separately or
if anyone knows what brand this item may be?

Thanks

Sounds like a croydex curtain rail, if the ali is H shaped, plus the 4
ends on the H are rounded over, resulting in a slot along the top and
another along the bottom.

Depending on where the support from the ceilng is, you may be able to
just use curtain rings on it over the whole rail, and remove the weak
little things.

NT