Posted to uk.d-i-y
NT[_2_] NT[_2_] is offline

Default microwave oven broken

On Oct 31, 10:14*pm, Peter Parry wrote:
On Sat, 31 Oct 2009 14:54:42 -0700 (PDT), NT
wrote:
On Oct 31, 1:35*pm, Peter Parry wrote:

As for your rather hysterical claim that "If I relied on this dense
advice I'd be long dead." the number of people killed by domestic

Its not hysterical, its a statement of fact.

No, merely uninformed opinion.

Since I've had nice sparks from such things despite them sitting
longer than your 1 day, how can this be 'opinion'?

Your notion that resistors almost never fail is naive. In real life
they're subject to conditions that do cause failures at times, they're
not kept within all the conditions of the data sheet tests. Vibration,
voltage overloads, physical shock, mechanical stress, these thing
happen irl, and failures follow.

microwave ovens (in either use or repair) in the UK since 1980 is,
according to the HSE, zero.

I didnt know they collected stats on it

What do you think you pay them for?

That doesnt even address the question of how they collect stats on
microwave deaths, and whether it covers all cases.

NT