Posted to uk.d-i-y
geoff geoff is offline

Default Digital TV: Split signal from aerial?

In message , Bill Wright
writes

"Frank Erskine" wrote in message
.. .
On Sat, 31 Oct 2009 19:28:11 +0000, Simon C. . had
If you do actually have marginal reception then your best bet is to
remedy that before considering 'complex' distribution around the
house, possibly using a grouped_ amplifier
(grouped to improve the signal/noise ratio and reduce the chance of
blocking by nearby transmissions).

Where can he get one of those from?

Thread hijack

Bill - I seem to have a general failure on Mux2 i.e. ITV, CH4, E4, More
4 etc are giving me just pixellated crap

In watford, pointed at crystal palace (I think)

Its a newish (10 years old aerial) the problem seems to have developed
some time last year

I also have a ****e old aerial (must be more than 30 years old) from
which I seem to get a much better signal

there are several recorders plugged into this signal

--
geoff