James Cubby Culbertson

Default About to buy Bandsaw & Jointer, Recommendations?

How much do you want to spend?

I bought the G0555 bandsaw and am generally happy with it although the
tensioning doesn't seem right. I can never get the blade truly tight.
Now, in saying that, it's my first bandsaw so I have nothing to
compare it to and for all I know, I'm trying to overtension it. I'm
also still using the Grizzly supplied blade which is a piece of crap.
That said, it rips boards perfectly straight out of the box with very
little setup.

I also went with the 6" Sunhill. It's worked pretty well so far and
was adjusted perfectly out of the box. It can be a bit tricky getting
the fence to a true 90 sometimes (tighten that bolt, ooops, that moved
the top. Loosen, hey, it's 90 now....basically it's a bit of trial
and error). I had read somewhere that the Sunhills are from the same
factory producing the JET jointers and if looks have anything to do
with it, they prolly are.

Cheers,
cc