Posted to rec.woodworking
Dan Dan is offline

Default A thoughtful statement on WW

On Sat 31 Oct 2009 06:24:49p, "Bill" wrote in
:

On page 12 of the "Tools & Shops Annual Issue" (Winter 2009),
published by FWW, there is a letter from Peter Corn, Executive
Director For Furniture Craftsmanship, he observes that interest in
woodworking has not waned during the recent recession...

Bill

My interest certainly hasn't waned and I believe Peter when he says he
hasn't seen it, but I have definitely noticed an increase in the amount of
woodworking equipment I've seen on craigslist.

Some of it looks like contractors sizing down and some looks like hobbyists
who bought themselves a whole shop but never got started and are finally
admitting they need the money more than their pride but whatever the reason
there's been an increase. It's helped me realize my shop is more complete
than I'd realized. The prices are decent (another change) but usually I've
already got one, whatever it is.