Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
cavelamb cavelamb is offline

Default OT - How to fix "The Problem"

Ed Huntress wrote:
"cavelamb" wrote in message
m...
F. George McDuffee wrote:
On Fri, 30 Oct 2009 22:28:55 -0500, cavelamb
wrote:

While your version may be true in your neck of the woods..it wont
happen
in America.

Shrug

It's already happening here.

Check out Detroit
========
This being an international group it is a good idea to include
URLs where possible. For the Detroit Free Press which is the big liberal
paper in
Detroit goto http://www.freep.com/ The conservative paper is the
Detroit News see http://detnews.com/
FWIW -- both papers appear to be about the same with possibly a
few different columnists/oped ed writers.

In addition to the social/political news [which may make your
blood run cold] both papers have considerable information about
the U.S. auto industry and their suppliers [which may also make
your blood run cold].

Detroit had over 2 million residents at the height of the
domestic U.S. auto boom in the 60s. They are now down to c. 900
thousand in a metro area built for 2mm. One of their major
problems is the [futile] attempt to maintain public services and
fatalities [and graft] at the 2mm level, even as the producers
and taxpayers continue to depart in droves. Most unfortunately, Detroit
does not appear to be unique in any
way, just first. Other major metro areas such as Chicago do not
appear to be far behind.

Unka' George [George McDuffee]

Which, unfortunately, bring me back around to my original question.

Is this the future?

It wasn't when you asked the question, but it is now. Whoops...well that's
the past, now. Now is the future. NUTS! The future slipped away again. NOW
is the future. NO, no, that's the past now...

ed, I think you need a better grip on the PRESENT...