Posted to uk.d-i-y
Frank Erskine Frank Erskine is offline

Default B&Q self checkout machines

On Sat, 31 Oct 2009 23:49:34 GMT, had this to say:

On 31 Oct,
"Ophelia" wrote:

wrote in message ...
On 30 Oct,
"tim...." wrote:

I guess that it isn't the case in Leeds/Bradford, but IME N Yorkshire
market towns have "disk" parking, even in the town centre.

Several local ones have recently contraversially introduced charges.
Stokesley, Thirsk, Northallerton and Bedale.

I get 2 hour free 'disk' parking in Northallerton.

Is that still so after the beginning of October? I thought Stokesley was the
only one in Hambleton able to hold out, due to the parish council owning
rights to the square or it being registered as a common.

Doesn't it seem sad that a local authority (be it simply a parish
council) can't set such things as parking conditions in its own area?

It's a bit like the 'EU' trying to impose rules and regulations on
places like England (other 'EU'-type places such as France just ignore
such regulations (although France would like to control the whole of
'Europe')).

--
Frank Erskine