Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Turn thermostat down or leave steady?

Red Green wrote:
Kurt Ullman wrote in news:kurtullman-
:

In article ,
"Stormin Mormon" wrote:

I've met enough people who think slamming the thermostat
makes it heat faster. Dunno. They must learn from driving a
car where tromping the gas pedal throws it into four barrel?

I think it just an extension of the well known fact that if you
press the button repeatedly the elevator will arrive faster.

The just don't know that holding the button makes it skip floor stops.

Pressing the "Door Close" and desired floor simultaneously put the elevator
in "express mode"
http://www.realtechnews.com/posts/1604

Of course many computer games have "secret" buttons for the elevators. Some
contain spiders.