Posted to uk.d-i-y
Peter Andrews Peter Andrews is offline

Default Hotpoint WD420?

"Harry Bloomfield" wrote in message
. uk...
Andy Cap used his keyboard to write :
Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Rather a confused tale, sorry...

She says that it sometimes just flashes all of the lights quickly. I saw
it briefly - turned its power off at the mains, back on and it seemed to
be back to normal.

I did just once get it show what I think is a fault code on its lights -
power light flashing slowly, with both 'rinse hold' and 'time saver'
flashing much more quickly.

This next part might or might not be normal operation...

When it is on a dry cycle, when the motor runs all of the lights go out
or flicker depending upon motor speed.

At the moment it is running fine (I think). It fills, heats the water,
washes, pumps out, spins and the dryer heats etc..

Anyone know where to find a fault code list or etc. please?

May help !

http://www.hotpointservice.co.uk/hs/...anualSearch.do

That URL only seems to offer the user manual, which we already have, but
thanks anyway.

I have now seen all of the lights flashing and several web sites suggest
this means the main PCB is on its way out.

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)

In my experience of Hotpoint washing machines 75% of faults can be cleared
by installing new brushes in the motor. At less than 10GBP it's always
worth trying.

Peter