Posted to uk.d-i-y
NT[_2_] NT[_2_] is offline

Default microwave oven broken

On Oct 31, 10:00*am, Stephen wrote:
On Fri, 30 Oct 2009 11:37:00 -0700 (PDT), NT
wrote:

I've never paid more than =A35 for a magnetron. The =A370 story is typical
repairman foolishness, and they wonder why theyre going out of
business.

I think another reply said that Panasonic ones were dearer than
others. Whether there is a good reason or whether I am paying for the
name I don't know. Each repairman wants to look at the machine and
charge for their time doing so, so it is impossible to shop around for
the best quote without paying a fortune in fees.

Dump operators dont charge any more for panasonics.
If your repair people want to charge you for a quote AND charge you
£70 for a magnetron, you're looking in the wrong place. The old model
of the local repair shop that always fits new parts is just not a
workable business model any more. Try someone that works from home or
a small workshop and routinely fits used parts. Sometimes you'l find
shops that work like this in relatively run down areas. Get a free
quote or walk.

NT