Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim W[_2_] Tim W[_2_] is offline

Default Kitchen lighting

Andrew Gabriel
wibbled on Saturday 31 October 2009 10:26

snip?

T4 products are easier to find in the likes of B&Q, CPC, etc.
Just beware that when a manufacturer goes to the wall (like
Omicron seems to have), you will have to replace the fittings
too, as T4 tube sizes and power ratings are not standardised.

The other thing I prefer about T5 are the availability of the
HO (high output) tubes, which IME are better for general
lighting, but would be too bright for the task lighting where
HE (High Efficiency) tubes can be used instead.

It's worth mentioning T8 as well. T8 tubes and gear are easier
to find, and if you can hide T8 tubes, there's no reason to
avoid them. I tend to use T5 tubes because in my situation,
the T5 tubes have been easier to hide.

That's really useful information - thank you for taking the time.
Fortunately I haven't bought anything yet so I can use all this.

Cheers

Tim
--
Tim Watts