Posted to alt.home.repair
DGDevin DGDevin is offline

Default US: Chinese drywall not harmful

Pete C. wrote:

Both. I'd say it points to a need to get beyond anti Chinese bigotry
and look at what else may be in common in the problem houses in
question.

In the meantime would you install Chinese drywall in your home?

I prefer to buy US made products where I can, but if I needed drywall
urgently and there was a shortage as there was when this stuff was
mostly used, I'd consider it.

Okay, you'd consider it, but would you install it?

With not only the value of your home but your family's health at risk, would
you install *any* product that had raised alarms as to its safety before
knowing for sure if it's safe or not?