Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Turn thermostat down or leave steady?

A very few furnaces (furnai?) are two stages. And some heat
pumps have second stage "emergency heat".

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"DD_BobK" wrote in message

the question about wives turning the stat all the way
up/down so the
heat/a/c runs faster. I doubt there are 1% who DON'T think
that. My ex
certainly did, and it was a total waste of time trying to
explain it to
her. Unfortunately, women don't have a monopoly on that
kind of
thinking-- I know a lot of guys who think the same thing.
Larry

Try telling them that the thermostat is just a switch
(on-off) not a
"gas pedal" like in their car.

cheers
Bob