Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Nasty no trespassing signs

Kurt Ullman wrote:

In my area the first words out of the mouth of the 911 operator are
"Fire, police, or ambulance?" and they route you to the proper
dispatcher (we have over twenty police agencies in this county).
When you say "gunshot victim..." to the ambulance dispatcher, the
ambulance dispatcher sends the paramedics then picks up the 'phone
and notifies the police.

Which is exactly what I said and a little different from your
assertion that they will call the cops after they get there. You will
still very much be on the recorded hook anyway since almost all of the
EMS 911 centers are recorded.

Agreed - I misspoke. The paramedic DISPATCHER will call the cops, not the
first-aid team on the scene. It's just that the police dispatcher and the
ambulance dispatcher have different training and focus:

The ambulance dispatcher will ring the alarm, then ask if the victim is
breathing, is there anything icky, like blood, etc., most of which you can
answer without incriminating yourself.

The police dispatcher will ask: How many times was he shot, who did the
shooting, are there any witnesses, where is the gun, can you fashion some
sort of lathe, blah-blah-blah.