Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Why So Much Spam Here?

On 10/30/2009 11:50 AM Robert Macy spake thus:

On Oct 30, 12:23 pm, propman wrote:
..snip...

One other thing I might suggest is to switch your newsgroup account to
the following free access newsgroup server:

http://www.eternal-september.org/

I've been using them for a couple of years no and have no complaint with
their service. Their spam filtering works as I hardly see any spam and
the ones that do slip through is certainly not in magnitude that others
here have remarked they are seeing in this newsgroup.

I signed up. But, where do you find the newsgroups?

You gots to query the news server, which will then serve up a delicious
list of all its newsgroups. How to do that depends on what news client
you use: for Thunderbird, the command is "Manage newsgroup
subscriptions". Other programs may use some variation of "subscribe"
(which is a funny concept; you don't actually subscribe to a newsgroup,
but just add it to your list of newsgroups to choose from).

--
Who needs a junta or a dictatorship when you have a Congress
blowing Wall Street, using the media as a condom?

- harvested from Usenet