Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Nasty no trespassing signs

Smitty Two wrote:

I'm just curious. How many of all you tough-talking gunslingers on the
group have actually shot a civilian while you were a civilian? I'm not
saying you wouldn't or shouldn't do it, because I don't want to get
into a moral debate. I've made my choices about when to use deadly
force. I'm just wondering how many Joe Horns we really have on board
here. There sure does seem to be a lot of boasting going on, about
how tough y'all are.

Good question. As a civilian I've never shot another civilian. I have,
however, displayed my firearm three times in the past 14 years*
(interestingly, twice in a Home Depot parking lot!) and mentally committed
myself to using deadly force if the mope took one more step forward or
raised his tire iron. Inasmuch as we have very discerning and rational
squints, goblins, cut-purses, four-flushers, and goat-petters in my state, a
fourth kind of close encounter was never necessary.

------
* It's been 14 years since my state passed a concealed handgun law.