Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT - How to fix "The Problem"

On Fri, 30 Oct 2009 13:54:57 -0700, TinLizziedl
wrote:

The idea that there will be a revolution or even some kind of widespread
violence directed mainly against liberals is a stupid one and is only a
fantasy of nutcases on the far right. What's likely to happen is that
some reforms are going to be implemented by the Democrats to try to
prevent what happened on the republican's watch. The wisest thing to do
is to not ever let republicans get into a majority like they had under
Bush. Without the republicans in position to wreck things we have a
chance of making some improvements. We all know that the country has
been on the wrong track and we need to make some changes. Obama is
trying to do that, but as always he's opposed by entrenched special
interests both financial and business who want to do things their way.
They got what they wanted under Bush and they want to have that freedom
again. As long as Democrats are in power the corporations will see their
power curtailed. The question is how much and for how long. A lot of
George's ideas I agree with. But the main thing is the power of the
corporations to dominate the politics of the country needs to be cut
down. If that can be done we can make some progress. If they retain the
power they have now they will keep things exactly as they are and we all
lose...and they win. So it boils down to a battle between the people and
the corporations. They have had the whip hand. If that continues nothing
changes.

Hawke

I like George's approach. His reminder about pogroms is also relevant
to the situation in Iran. Yes, we did intervene there decades ago, and
we're still paying for it with their demonization of America. They have
difficulty controlling/oppressing their domestic population, so they
blame all the problems on us.

In our own country, the right wing is blaming the left wing for all our
country's ills. They don't seem to realize that the bald eagle cannot
fly without both wings.

I'm not surprised at Gunner's comments. When it comes to politics, he's
just another extreme right wing doomsayer, incapable of rational,
independent thought. He'll prolly be disappointed when the world
doesn't end in 2012.

The world nor America wont end in 2012. A certain segment of US society
will be killed off, and the nation will be in a certain amount of
turmoil for a short while, but it will hardly end. In fact..it will come
out of the Cull much stronger and wiser.

Shrug..but hey..believe as you chose.

The other alternative of course is the nation breaking up into Red and
Blue nations. And since most of the ag and raw materials come from Red
America..the Blue nation will slowly starve to death until it breaks up
into squabling nation/states and is later reconqured by the Red
States..but many many years later.

Shrug..I dont feel either is a bad thing, but a renewal of America and a
return to its Constitutional default settings. Something Im rather
looking forwards to actually.

And it wont be every Leftwinger thats killed..just the majority of th
far leftwing extremists. That could hardly be a bad thing.

Gunner

"IMHO, some people here give Jeff far more attention than he deserves,
but obviously craves. The most appropriate response, and perhaps the
cruelest, IMO, is to simply killfile and ignore him. An alternative, if
you must, would be to post the same standard reply to his every post,
listing the manifold reasons why he ought to be ignored. Just my $0.02
worth."