Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.camping

Default Calor gas: propane vs. butane

The generator makes more noise, and attracts attention. The
inverter, well, if you have a good supply of lead acid
batteries, can work. I'm guessing a portable heater and a
couple canister of gas are less money than the generator.
Also doesn't need to call a worker to do the wiring.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Stephen" wrote in message

I was wondering about getting a gas fire for power cuts and
I suppose
that's what started me reading up about this. However, I
don't know if
we have power cuts often enough to justify this. But I
thought that
the preferred method in this group was to hook the boiler up
to a
generator or inverter?

Thanks.