Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default Turn thermostat down or leave steady?

In article ,
"Stormin Mormon" wrote:

I've met enough people who think slamming the thermostat
makes it heat faster. Dunno. They must learn from driving a
car where tromping the gas pedal throws it into four barrel?

Of course cranking the thermostat up to 100 makes the house heat faster.
It's the same principle that makes elevators come faster if you hit the
call button ten times, and traffic lights change faster if you hammer on
the button. The harder and faster you hit it, the faster you'll get the
result. Sheesh. What's happened to our schools? Don't they teach basic
physics anymore?