Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Toolboxes then/now

On 10/29/2009 10:49 PM Puckdropper spake thus:

"Lee Michaels" wrote in
:

I worked at on job where the homeowner gave me the task of trying to
figure out how to get his circular saw into it's molded case. It took
me a half hour! I apologized. I was told that in ten hours he never
figurted it out. Talk about a puzzle. It was the most anti-intuitive
design possible. What kind of sadist engineer designs a case that
can't be used.

We've got a Skil circular saw like that. The only use I found for it was
hiding an old metal drill from myself for years!

If you look at plastic cases as packaging material, you're probably
looking at them like most companies look at them. If you look at them as
storage, you'll be sadly disappointed...

I've had the opposite experience with my circular saw. It's a Craftsman,
one of the few tools I've actually bought new (I'm a cheapskate, and in
any case used to be poor for the most part). This was, oh, about 25
years ago. It still lives in its black polypropylene (I think) case,
which makes it a hell of a lot easier to transport than just naked.
Holds the blade wrench and spare blades nicely too.

--
Who needs a junta or a dictatorship when you have a Congress
blowing Wall Street, using the media as a condom?

- harvested from Usenet